ABOUT IPL PIGMENTATION REMOVAL
Pigmented lesions are hypermelanocytic areas typically induced by sun exposure, the natural aging process or congenital factors. Pigmented lesions vary widely in size, shape and depth. They can be either raised or flat and are usually a cosmetic rather than a medical concern. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) which targets the melanin is effective in treating benign lesions and clearing them.
The IPL emits light which turns into heat when it comes into contact with the skin. The IPL is attracted to pigment so therefore is attracted to the melanin marks on the skin such as sun spots, freckles, age spots and general sun damage. The IPL heat absorbs into the melanin mark which breaks down the melanin. It will go darker immediately then lighten and flake away. The Intense Pulsed Light system produces a light that eliminates flaws without damaging the surrounding skin.
The number of treatments will depend on the type and size of the pigmented lesion but typically 1 to 3 sessions are required at 4-6 week intervals.
Patients should avoid tanning on the treatment area roughly one month ahead of treatment to avoid excessive light absorption in the skin. Immediately after the treatment the skin is particularly sensitive to UV light and strong sunlight should be avoided for at least 2 weeks. High factor sun lotions can be used.
- Do not expose skin to UV (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) or self tan for at least 4 weeks before treatments.
- Do not use bleaching creams, numbness creams or perfumed products (e.g. aromatherapy oils, face and body creams, shaving creams) for 24 – 48 hrs before treatment sessions.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water for 24 – 48 hrs before treatment sessions.
- Avoid exfoliating, microdermabrasion or chemical peels 1-2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water and
- protect the skin from sun exposure with suitable clothing and use of sun block SPF 30+ before first treatment and between subsequent treatment sessions but do NOT use sun blocking creams within 24hrs of scheduled treatments.
- We recommend to use aloe vera gel for the night.
- If you feel itchiness, you can also apply aloe vera at any time.
- Do not expose skin to UV (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) or self tan for at least 2 weeks.
- For a while, you may avoid using perfume or body lotions, creams on the treated area.
- Avoid very hot baths / showers / steam baths / sauna for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water for at least 2 weeks.
- Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water.
Moda Donna Beauty Clinics cancellation policy is 48 hours. If you can not make an appointment, please inform us at least 48 hours prior your appointment by phone 02032877747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise Moda Donna management reserves the right to reduce 1 out of 3/6 IPL skin rejuvenation sessions .
Lateness will be treated as a missed appointment and will be reduced by one/part session.